In episode #7 of the Health & Performance Podcast, I discuss periodization and the role it plays in training for optimal performance. As things go, it’s essential to achieve your best in sports.
So, what is periodization?
Periodized training plans help you achieve your performance goals by planning rest and training intensity appropriately.
In this way, you ensure sufficient recovery time to prevent injuries and that you peak at the right moment.
Periodization: an Introduction – Show Notes
In this Health & Performance Podcast about periodization I discuss:
- That each sport has different requirements
- Basic concepts of periodized training programs
- The big picture in creating training plans
- The importance of knowing when to peak
- How to make a training plan specific to your sport