Hey, I’m Joël, a Physiotherapist working in Thun, Switzerland who specializes in climbing injury rehab and prevention. I help you understand your body, injury, and training to recover efficiently and to prevent re-injuries. Furthermore, I write about climbing injuries, rehab, and prevention at www.rockshoulders.com.
I’m a passionate rock climber myself and am fascinated by climbing as a sport and working in a rehab setting. The movement variety and the combination of the physical, technical, and mental make it an amazing sport to focus my physiotherapy efforts on.
I approach physical rehabilitation as an elite sport itself. For success, both you (the client) and I (the physiotherapist) need to work together closely for the best results. I aim to motivate, educate and stimulate you to learn about your injury and the most efficient way to get fit and stay fit.
- (Rock) Climbing since 2014
- Languages I have Working Proficiency in Dutch, Frisian, English, Swiss-German, German, Portuguese, and Spanish
- 2011-2015: Bsc of Physiotherapy from Hanze University, Groningen (NL)
- 2015-2017: Physiotherapist at Physiotherapie & Training Lyssbachpark, Lyss (CH)
- 2015-2017: Physiotherapist at soccer club SV Lyss, Lyss (CH)
- 2016-2017: Physiotherapist at Swiss Rollhockey Association (SRHV), Bern (CH)
- 2016: Mobilisation of the Nervous System (NOI)
- 2016: Functional Movement Screen I, II (FMS)
- 2016-2017: Funktionelle Orthonomy & Integration (FOI) Basic I, II, III
- 2017-2019: Voluntary Physiotherapist, Florianopolis & Curitiba (BR)
- 2020-current: Physiotherapist at Physiotherapie Reactive, Gwatt (Thun) (CH)
- 2020-current: author of Rock Climbing Blog: www.rockshoulders.com