My name is Joël Broersma and I help you feel and perform better.
I see it as my job to understand you, and to support you to align your health with your performance and goals.
As a coach I help you identify:
- Why you want health
- What your strengths are
- What holds you back
- Which beliefs & motivations support your goals, and which don’t
- Which habits are effective to achieve your goals, and which are not
I coach with a thorough knowledge of health, movement, exercise, nutrition, and psychology. I apply scientific principles and use proven methods to guide you to better habits. Most importantly, we define a purpose that motivates and gets you into action.
I’m a Physical Therapist with 5 years of experience who worked in 5 different countries. I worked with clients of more than 10 different nationalities, with sports teams, and in voluntary positions. This helped me to understand how the body and mind respond to stress, disease, and training. Equally, I learned how mindset and ineffective habits can block healing and development.
The bottom line is, I know the human body inside out. And I understand the importance of working process oriented for which I possess the enthusiasm and patience to guide you.
I’m fascinated by optimizing human performance, minimalism, traveling, languages, and history. My friends see me as someone who’s honest, accountable, and curious. I’m also stubborn, I’m a fanatic reader, and I love to get up at 06:00 and meditate for an hour.
Interesting Facts About Joël
- I speak 7 languages
- I lived and worked in 5 countries so far: the Netherlands, Palestine, Switzerland, Brazil, and Portugal
- I traveled to more than 30 countries across four continents
- I started my interest in health, strength training, and nutrition at the age of 17. At the time, I was overweight and couldn’t do a single push-up
- I learn(ed) a lot from writers such as Yuval Noah Harrari, Tim Ferris, Matthew Walker, Dan Ariely, James Clear, Joe Dispenza, Pavel Tsatsouline, and Jordan Peterson
- After I finished my studies, I continued learning. About health, nutrition, personal development, psychology, meditation, optimizing human performance, and entrepreneurship